Want to hear some great ideas on the future of radio and the role of what we sometimes call “podcasting” in it?
We cover a TON of ground in this conversation, including…
- How should Apple’s iTunes Radio and Podcast app evolve?
- Why radio should consider podcasters to be their “farm team”
- A strategy for radio to monetize the most popular podcasts
- The unfortunate truth about radio’s obsession with “local”
- Why “podcasting” is a horrible name – and so is “spoken word”
- The critical importance of distribution
- The REAL problems of discovery
- Will we ever see a Pandora for non-music content?
- What will happen to music-oriented stations as technology continues to evolve?
- What Clear Channel should do with just one station
And that’s just what I remember off the top of my head.
Here’s the video:
Or watch it here.
Yes, it’s long. But I think it would be a worthwhile investment if you care about the future of the industry.
Because here’s the thing about the future of radio….
There is none – until YOU make it.
And thanks to Todd and Rob for the time and the showcase today.