What’s there to love about radio? A lot, according to Marilu Henner.
Indeed, my conversation with the always warm and spirited Marilu was one of the highlights of hivio 2015.
Marilu is the ultimate Hollywood hyphenate – author, actor, TV star, and humanitarian. Along with starring in over thirty films, six Broadway shows, and two hit classic sitcoms, Taxi and Evening Shade, this five-time Golden Globe Nominee now hosts her own nationally syndicated radio show The Marilu Henner Show. With equal parts news, advice and entertainment, Marilu offers celebrity guests, life-changing tips, and inspiring stories from the world of show business, and her personal life.
Here are some of the questions I asked Marilu in this fast-paced Q&A:
- You can do almost anything. Why radio?
- Tell me about the moment you knew you could do this show and do it well?
- What have YOU learned from doing a radio show? What has surprised you?
- What advice would you give to other established talents who want to dabble in radio?
- What sets your show apart? Why should a broadcaster make space for you on their schedule?
One thing you’ll take away from this conversation is that it’s possible to bring a famous talent like Marilu into the radio fold and make the industry better for it.
With her limitless enthusiasm and effervescent joy, Marilu is the kind of force the radio industry needs more of – on more stations in more markets in more dayparts.
Find out why, among all the things Marilu does, radio is her favorite.
Watch this video: