How can terrestrial radio partner with online radio for the benefit of both?
That’s just one topic tackled by Duncan Orrell-Jones, CEO of Slacker Radio. In this Q&A from hivio, the audio future festival, Orrell-Jones outlines Slacker’s business strategy and how it contrasts with the strategies of more familiar names like Pandora or Spotify.
Slacker’s emphasis is on building a state-of-the-art radio experience and pursuing unique deals in partnership and distribution.
Some of the questions Orrell-Jones addresses:
- How is Slacker different – how are you approaching online radio as a sustainable business?
- Why is it that we hear less about Slacker than competitors, some of which don’t have nearly the usage Slacker has?
- What’s the future of music licensing?
- Online ready is top-heavy today with a small number of very powerful players. Where is the business headed, and where does Slacker fit in?
- Terrestrial radio often sees online radio as the enemy. But is that true? Are online radio platforms like Slacker friend or foe for conventional broadcasters?
- How does your background with a content-driven brand like Disney affect the way you see the online radio space?
Click the video below to watch:
Make sure to sign up at hivio.com if you want to be in the loop for future editions of the audio future festival.